College of Marin seeks students for the Energize Colleges Internship Program!
Are you interested in a PAID internship, getting real-world experience in the energy, environment, and sustainability field? APPLY NOW to access local companies and organizations looking for motivated student interns who want to enter this growing industry and advance their academic or career paths in the areas of energy and sustainability.
Projects can include anything from assisting energy engineering and financing; energy education, campaigns, and presentations; campus facilities design and operations; residential solar programs; product and process development; customer service; and more! Interns work ~8-10 hours per week $13 per hour. Positions start throughout Spring Semester and early Summer 2017 and will run for approximately one academic term.
- Be a currently enrolled COM student pursuing an environmental degree or related field, such as, but not limited to, engineering, business, architecture, social science, technical or vocational trades, and have completed 1-2 courses in their major
- Enroll in an internship course spring semester (consists of four meetings)
- Attend weekly team meetings at Kentfield Campus
- Participate in an energy education high school engagement project
- Enroll in an internship course (may be waived)
- Have confidence working across the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Have leadership and teamwork experience
- Interest in one or more of the following career pathways:
- Experience or interest in energy efficiency, demand response, distributed generation, management, or other related sustainability fields
- Specialized skills as needed for specific positions
Please send a resume, cover letter describing your background and/or interests and how the Energize Colleges internship you are applying to will help your career path, and faculty reference (provide contact information of a faculty member that can speak on your behalf and is familiar with your academic work, career interests, etc.) to Joanne Wong at email@example.com and CC: Brendan Pipkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Internship Opportunities:
- Green Business Advocate Intern
- Climate and Energy Education Intern
- Electric Vehicles Outreach Intern
- Residential Solar Project Process Improvement Intern